Onward Rides must be notified of all reimbursements immediately. If we are notified of a reimbursement 12 hours or more after the completion of a ride, reimbursements cannot be processed and you will not receive your reimbursement.
- Reimbursements are required to be uploaded into the Onward Rides Driver App within 12 hours of a completed ride
- Reimbursements must be uploaded directly into the app prior to completing a ride
- Reimbursements must include full photos of the entire receipt - drivers may upload multiple photos for a single reimbursement if necessary
- All items, except tolls and parking, must include photo receipt and be submitted on the ride within the Onward Rides Driver app or Onward Rides reserves the right to not reimburse the driver
- Reimbursements are for tolls incurred while with a rider, parking fees while on a drive, groceries, prescriptions and other items requested by Onward Rides or the customer (either the rider or their custodian)
- Onward Rides does not reimburse: gas, parking or tolls incurred without the rider, or any personal items purchased during the ride
Reimbursement Category Specifics
Groceries, Parking + Other Customer Expenses
If you were required to pay for parking during your time with the customer, we will reimburse you for it. If your service included the completion of picking up and dropping off items, you will be reimbursed for all items purchased that were requested by the customer. Following the completion of the service, in the Onward Driver App, please upload a photo of the receipt - including the total amount - and a reimbursement will be included in your payout.
There may be other purchases made on a trip, if they are for yourself, we will not reimburse for these. Customer expenses only, please.
Similar to the parking reimbursement, if your ride with a passenger incurs a toll, we will reimburse you for it - but only when a toll is required to complete the journey for the customer trip. This only includes required tolls - and does not include option tolls, like those incurred in express or carpool lanes.
Upon ride review, which is the final screen you see after completing your ride, you will want to enter the total toll amount you were charged while on your ride with a rider. A few important things to know about entering tolls:
- Please enter the toll amount, regardless of which direction you were driving when the toll was incurred with the rider (for example, if you were with the rider going a direction that the toll wasn't charged, still enter the toll amount so you're reimbursed when you go the other direction)
- Only enter the toll once - as tolls are only charged one direction when crossing bridges. This includes when on a roundtrip with a rider and crossing a toll in both directions.
- If you incur a toll because you are accepting a ride in another region and the rider will not engage with the toll, you will not be reimbursed and that toll should not be entered
- Some rides have added bonuses to help us incentivize drivers to pick them up. Unless explicitly stated by the Onward team, these rides do not include toll reimbursement if the toll is not incurred with the rider in the car. For example, if you live in Oakland and decide to service a bonus ride that is contained in San Francisco, your toll amount is not reimbursable as it was not incurred with the rider
Gas & Car Expenses
You, the driver, are responsible for your gas and car maintenance. However, we understand that some rides are longer and require more gas than others. This is why we reimburse .57 for every mile driven while on a trip with us!