Onward Rides must be notified of all reimbursements immediately. If we are notified of a reimbursement 12 hours or more after the completion of a ride, reimbursements cannot be processed and you will not receive your reimbursement.
If you were required to pay for parking during your trip, we will reimburse you for it. Following the completion of your trip, please contact Onward by simply sending a receipt, or a photo, of the parking charge and a reimbursement will be sent.
Similar to the parking reimbursement, if your ride with a passenger incurs a toll, we will reimburse you for it.
Upon ride review, which is the final screen you see after completing your ride, you will want to enter the total toll amount you were charged while on your ride with a rider. A few important things to know about entering tolls:
- Please enter the toll amount, regardless of which direction you were driving when the toll was incurred with the rider (for example, if you were with the rider going a direction that the toll wasn't charged, still enter the toll amount so you're reimbursed when you go the other direction)
- Only enter the toll once - as tolls are only charged one direction when crossing bridges
- If you incur a toll because you are accepting a ride in another region and the rider will not engaged with the toll, you do will not be reimbursed and that toll should not be entered
- Some rides have added bonuses to help us incentivize drivers to pick them up. Unless explicitly stated by the Onward team, these rides do not include toll reimbursement if the toll is not incurred with the rider in the car. For example, if you live in Oakland and decide to service a bonus ride that is contained in San Francisco, your toll amount is not reimbursable as it was not incurred with the rider
Gas & Car Expenses
You, the driver, are responsible for your gas and car maintenance. However, we understand that some rides are longer and require more gas than others. This is why we pay more per hour for rides over 15 miles (details here) so you will have the funds for additional gas.
- Occasionally we will raise the pay rate for rides that have not been claimed. In these cases, we will contact you directly about the fare adjustment.
- There may be other purchases made on a trip, if they are for yourself, we will not reimburse for these.