Since our drivers transport such precious cargo, Onward believes in administering the most extensive background checks possible. All drivers must pass the following background checks:
First, a Driving Record Check. During the application process Onward will review a driver's motor vehicle report to make sure they have a good driving record.
Second, through a 3rd party online background check Onward will check the following records:
- Social Security Validation. We verify both the year and the state of issuance.
- Sex Offender Check. We search sex offender registries in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- National Watchlist. We search various US and international government watch lists, such as the Office of Foreign Asset Control, Interpol and Specially Designated Nationals.
- National Criminal Database. The national criminal search is a multi-jurisdictional search that encompasses numerous sources. It includes national security sources, numerous federal databases, and arrest and criminal data from various local, county and state agencies.
- Specific County Criminal Search. For each applicant, we'll perform a county criminal search in the their most recent county of residence. This includes any legally reportable felony and misdemeanor convictions, pending cases and dismissed records.