In order to be a driver with Onward, we require everyone go through some general training and certification processes. This is important to us and the service we offer because our drivers are interacting with older adults and others who need assistance.
Below is an overview of the types of training and certifications all drivers are required to complete. We cover these with applicants in more detail during the interview and onboarding process.
- Application review + Video Interview screening
- Background and MVR screening
- 19 Point Vehicle Inspection
- CPR & First Aid training
- Dementia training
- Proper Wheelchair & Walker Handling training
- Onward Best Practices - These will consist of reading material that will cover topics like proper loading & unloading of passengers as well as proper handling of a patient who are under sedation
- Driver and Trip Standards as well as Driver Policies
- Incident Protocols
Since we transport such precious cargo, Onward believes in administering the most extensive background checks possible. All drivers must pass the following background checks procedures.
First, a Driving Record Check. During the application process we submit a California DMV motor vehicle report to make sure driver's have a satisfactory driving record.
Second, through a 3rd party online background check Onward will also check the following records:
- Social Security Validation
- Sex Offender Check
- National Watchlist. We search various US and international government watch lists, such as the Office of Foreign Asset Control, Interpol and Specially Designated Nationals
- National Criminal Database
- Specific County Criminal Search