Onward Rides provides auto insurance while you are en route to pick up a rider, picking up your rider, driving with your rider and waiting for the rider.
In order to successfully qualify as a driver under our insurance, you must adhere to all of the following:
- Insurance must be full coverage, personal auto insurance that includes comprehensive, liability and collision coverage
- Your insurance must be up-to-date (ie, not expired) and driver's must update Onward in the event that their insurance changes or expires
- The policy must list you as a policy driver as well as have the associated vehicle requirements
- Onward Rides must have an accurate photocopy of your insurance stored on your driver profile at all times
It is required that your vehicle insurance carrier is aware and informed of vehicle use for employee work and will contain other persons. It is the driver's responsibility to ensure they meet their insurance carrier's requirements (financially or otherwise) related to using their car for the purpose of driving with Onward.
Make sure you know what you can deduct! Like, vehicle maintenance, gas, insurance, etc. You can deduct vehicle insurance - as well as other vehicle related maintenance, etc - from your taxes.
Onward Rides maintains the following auto insurance on your behalf in case of a covered accident:
- Contingent Liability (coverage only while in driver mode waiting for a ride request)
- Primary Automobile Liability
- Contingent Comprehensive & Collision
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)