Importance of CPR + FirstAid Certifications
Onward Rides requires all drivers complete CPR and FirstAid certifications.
These course references are important due to our rider demographic; individuals who are older or need assistance may be of a higher likelihood to need extra assistance. By completing these courses, you will be better equipped and enabled to execute on our shared mission of providing the best door-to-door assisted transportation service to older adults and others needing assistance. These certifications show our riders that you are compassionate, caring and capable of assisting them during times that may be their most vulnerable.
If you already have a CPR and/or FirstAid certificate that is not expired, please provide a photocopy of the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those able to provide their certificate will be exempt from completing these courses.
Using CPR + FirstAid Knowledge
While taking these courses is beneficial and informative, it does not require you to take action in an emergency situation. This certification will result in you being more informed but it does not mean you're required to conduct CPR on a rider. In any emergency, the best practice is always to call 911, remain calm and stay with the rider.
Please note, we have a detailed list of what you should do for a variety of scenarios on our Incident Protocols page.
We are using the company NewLifeCPR for CPR and First Aid certifications. You will be able to complete the course online and should be able to do so at your own pace, from a computer or tablet. Please note, courses are not compatible with Internet Explorer web browser.
For drivers onboarded prior to the start of October 2019, completion of CPR and FirstAid courses is required by October 31, 2019.
For drivers onboarded after the start of October 2019, drivers will be required to complete their CPR and FirstAid courses 30 days after the completion of their first ride.
For certifications not completed by the requested date, drivers may be subject to probation and will be unable to continue driving riders until their certification is complete.
CPR and FirstAid certifications are free to you! Onward Rides will cover the cost of your initial certification to ensure there are no barriers to you feeling fully equipped with these skills.
It’s important that you follow the steps in the How To Get Certified section below exactly to successfully sign up. In order to have your course covered by Onward Rides, you must complete the course we’ve selected through our company portal. Other CPR and FirstAid courses will not be reimbursed.
How To Get Certified
Please follow all steps from the instructions below to complete your certification. Steps must be completed exactly as they are outlined for the course to be comped by Onward Rides.
If you have any questions or issues while signing up for your course, please contact Sarah Pontier through phone at (415) 469-1694 or email at email@example.com.
Please note, courses are not compatible with Internet Explorer web browser.
- Click HERE to begin or, you can copy and paste this URL into your browser: https://portal.newlifecpr.com/groups/employees/ORCO819CFD/register
- Create your profile/login by entering your email address and clicking the blue Complete Registration button.
- Review all required course material and complete required quiz(zes). Onward Rides has already selected the correct course - it is a CPR and FirstAid certification course.
- Click the green Confirm button once you are done with all course material and quiz(zes). Note: This must be done to finalize the completion of your course.
- You will then be redirected back to your account dashboard where you can see and print copies of your certificate. A copy will also be sent to the email address in your profile, as well as Onward Rides.
- Once done, logout of your account by clicking the red Logout button on the left side of your screen.