As news and information continues to be released about the coronavirus (COVID-19), Onward is taking steps to ensure the safety of our riders and drivers. While we are continuing to support rides with passengers, we request that if you are sick, have a fever or have been exposed to COVID-19 to disclose that information prior to any rides with us.
In response to the spread of COVID-19, below we've outlined the extra precautions our team and drivers are taking during this sensitive time.
For rides with passengers
Drivers and their vehicles always adhere to high sanitary and cleanliness standards but in addition to that, all drivers conduct the following:
- Wipe down the interior of the vehicle with disinfectant before and after each ride
- Use hand sanitizer before and after each rider interaction
- Offer and have available hand sanitizer to riders
- Transfer any scheduled rides to other drivers if they are feeling sick
For deliveries only
While drivers will not be directly interacting with passengers for these trips, to decrease the likelihood of contamination with deliveries, all drivers conduct the following:
- Ensure their car has been wiped down between trips
- Clean and disinfect their hands before entering the item pick-up location
- Disinfect the store cart or basket with a wipe or sanitizer
- Wipe the outside of delivery bags when possible before delivery
- When delivering items, drivers will leave them outside of the customer's door and step at least 6ft away
Your health and safety are a top priority at Onward. We will continue to monitor professional health organizations, like the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), to ensure your health and safety during Onward rides. We hope these measures give you confidence to continue to rely on us during this difficult time.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions.